Updating the software on your computer can improve performance and solve problems, making it a good idea to check for software updates on a regular basis. The screencast below shows you (visually) how to check for software updates, or you can use these step-by-step instructions:
- Click the “Apple” icon in the top left corner of the screen
- Click “Software Update”
- Your computer will check for updates. NOTE: this process may take from 15 seconds to 30 minutes, with longer times more likely if your computer hasn’t been updated recently.
- If there are no updates, click “Quit” and you’re good to go. If there are updates, either click “Continue” or click “Show Details” to see what the updates are, and then click “Continue”.
- You may be asked to authenticate. If so, try using your full name (First Last) as the username and your @adel e-mail password. If that fails, contact me for account credentials that you can use to update software.
- You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the update process.